The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic poses unprecedented challenges for Australia as a political community.
On Thursday 4 June 2020, an expert panel of Swinburne social sciences academics discuss the implications for public policy, foreign affairs and democracy, along with an open Q&A.
- Prof Mike Leach (comparative responses in the Asia-Pacific)
- Assoc Prof Kay Cook (gendered public policy responses)
- Dr Belinda Barnet (the future of work and social culture)
- Dr Chris Agius (security implications)
- Dr Andrew Peters (indigenous policy implications)
- Dr Damon Alexander (scientific expertise in public policy)
- Dr Kerry Ryan (conspiracy theory and social media regulation)
- Dr Rob Hoffman (elections and democracy)