Swinburne University is looking for student ambassadors. To apply for this paid program see the advertisement details below:
We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated students to join our Student Ambassador program in 2018.
Student Ambassadors act as representatives of the University. You’ll have the opportunity to become a valued member of the Marketing and Future Students team, working alongside Swinburne staff at a range of events throughout the year, including:
- conducting campus tours
- visiting secondary schools
- meeting with prospective students.
Benefits of the program
Participating in the Student Ambassador program provides a range of benefits:
- earn $30 per hour
- receive training in effective communication, presenting and public speaking
- meet students from across the university and attend ambassador social events
- gain work experience and take advantage of networking opportunities
- receive recognition towards the Swinburne Emerging Leaders Award program.
Selection will be based on the following criteria.
Essential skills and experience
- Successful completion of the first year of your Swinburne course.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including relationship building and teamwork, public speaking and written skills.
- Proven time management and organisation skills.
- Ability to positively represent and promote Swinburne University of Technology.
Desirable skills and experience
- Demonstrated involvement with and/or contribution to Swinburne University of Technology, your secondary school or local community; for example, as a student mentor, volunteer or tutor, or participation in sport, music or theatre activities.
- Previous experience in public speaking or as a contact point for prospective students.
How to apply
Applications for 2018 are now open. Please complete the following form and attach your résumé and cover letter. Your cover letter must address the selection criteria.
Applications close on Friday 9th March 2018.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
See http://www.swinburne.edu.au/2018/ambassador/ for details