Politics and History
The impact of technology on politics and the politics of technology is profound. The Politics & History disciplines (incorporating Global Studies) draw on a range of disciplinary perspectives to provide students with a unique insight into how power operates in the world and how technology transforms the ways in which we live and interact with each other.
Convened by Michael Leach, Pacific Studies at Swinburne (PS@S) is a research network of scholars investigating Pacific politics, regionalism and culture with a particular focus on Melanesia and Timor-Leste.
The History and Politics Workshop is a research cluster at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia. It is convened by Lorenzo Veracini. The Workshop brings together scholars from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds.
- Global History
- Australian History
- Unlearning the Past: Indigenous Australian History
- Propaganda: A History of Media and Politics
- Colonialism: A Global History
- Gender and History
- War and Peace in the 20th Century
- History, Politics and Human Rights
Politics & International Relations
- Australian Politics
- International Politics
- Australian Foreign Policy
- Dictators and Democrats: Comparative Politics
- International Relations and Security Studies
- Critical Perspectives on Terrorism
- Public Policy in Australia
- Politics of the Pacific